- Gourmet Coffee Roasters is committed to protecting the privacy and security of its customers and website users. We therefore aim to ensure that we comply with all relevant legal requirements when dealing with your personal information as per the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”).
- Any reference to personal information shall mean personal information as defined in POPI.
- WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information refers to information about a natural or juristic person that can be used to identify the person or specifically relates to that person, directly or indirectly. This includes information such as a name, identification number, nationality, location, finances, contact details, online identifiers, biometric information, physical health, mental health, religion, culture, wellbeing, medical history and other personal information relating to the person.
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following information from you:
- Personal details such as your name, e-mail address, physical address, postal address and contact number;
- Information necessary to conclude and/or perform in terms of an agreement we have concluded with you; and
- Information which we are legally required to collect from you in order to verify your identity.
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We will use your personal information in order to perform in terms of any agreement we conclude with you or any service we render in your favour, which may include assessing whether or not you qualify to conclude any such agreement or receive any such service with or from us, responding to any queries you may raise with us, communicating with you for the purposes of any such agreement or service, communicating with you to inform you of any updates to any information displayed on our website that requires your notice or any other related purpose.
- In addition to the above, we will use your personal information if permitted or required by law, which may include verifying your identity, processing payment instructions, fraud prevention or otherwise complying with any legislative, regulatory or compliance requirements.
- In addition to the above, we will use your personal information for any lawful legitimate business purpose relating to our business and services.
- HOW WE SECURE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take all appropriate, reasonable and necessary steps in order to ensure that any of your personal information we have is protected. The measures we use to protect your personal information include physical, technological and procedural measures. We confirm that we will report any security breach of personal information to the Information Regulator in terms of POPI or any other body or institution required in terms of any other relevant law or regulation.
- SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only share your personal information if you have consented thereto, or if it is necessary in order to conclude or perform in terms of any agreement we conclude with you or if any law requires same for a lawful purpose.
- DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION CROSS-BORDER
We will only share your personal information to a third party in a different country if you have consented thereto, or it is necessary to conclude or perform in terms of any agreement we conclude with you or where your personal information is adequately protected under that other country’s laws and that third party agrees to protect your personal information with the same level of protection as provided and determined by the law of your country. Any transfer of your personal information shall be conducted in terms of the prescribed requirements in terms of applicable privacy laws.
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain your personal information for the duration that we have an agreement with you to retain it, as long as the law requires us to retain it, as long as you have consented to us retaining it, or for as long as we require it for legitimate business purposes. We may also keep personal information in a sanitised format (format that no longer identifies you) for research and statistical purposes.
- CHILDREN’S AND SPECIAL PERSONAL INFORMATION
We shall not collect, retain and/or process personal information of children unless the parent or legal guardian has expressly consented thereto or if the relevant privacy laws permits or requires us to collect, retain and/or process such personal information.
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR MARKETING
We use your personal information for the purposes of marketing products and services offered by us where you are already one of our customers, which can be done via e-mail, telephone, in person or via short-messaging service, and if you are not one of our customers, we will only use your personal information for the purposes of marketing products and services offered by us to you with your consent. You do however have the right to request us to stop sending you any marketing material.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites, applications and/or services from third parties. By clicking on any such links may result in the third parties collecting personal information about you. We cannot accept any responsibility for your privacy or the content of any of such third party websites, applications and/or services and we urge you to read the privacy statements of each and every third party website, application and/or service which you visit or use.
- YOUR RIGHTS
- You have the right to request access to any personal information we have collected about you and you may request that we correct or update, when necessary, any incorrect personal information. You can make any such request by sending us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with us or with any regulator with necessary jurisdiction in respect of any contravention of the protection of your personal information.
- You can let us know of any complaint or contravention by sending us an e-mail to email@example.com.
- You can lodge any such complaint with the Information Regulator as contemplated in terms of POPI (in South Africa) at:
Physical address: JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa, 2001
Postal address: PO Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa, 2017
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Cookies are small pieces of data, usually in the form of a text file, that are sent to your device from our website. The purpose of the cookie is to help users of our website to navigate the website efficiently and perform certain tasks. In certain instances the cookies enable us to know whether a particular user has previously visited our website.
- UPDATING THIS POLICY